Caseworker – Downtown Pittsburgh
The Caseworker provides case management services to targeted populations while utilizing all eligible appropriate supports and services to achieve mutually agreed upon service plan objectives.
At Catholic Charities, Diocese of Pittsburgh, every client we see is our most important client.
We’re seeking a compassionate, supportive Caseworker to join our Downtown Pittsburgh team to bring encouragement to those who need help with life’s challenges.
With your education and experience in human services you know the importance of listening closely and working carefully to meet client needs and help them access the services they need. You’re in a key position, facilitating much-needed relief to members of a vulnerable population, providing case management and helping clients meet important, practical goals. You have a lot of fresh ideas to set people up for success and navigate life’s challenges. You also have a patient heart and enthusiasm to serve Pittsburgh’s homeless population in our Downtown warming centers during winter months.
We offer successful candidates a competitive salary, strong health benefits and 14 paid holidays a year. We also have a solid retirement plan and other benefits. Take a look at the full job description below and let us know if you’re ready to bring healing and hope to the Pittsburgh region.
Key Performance Objectives
- Provides case management and service planning for assigned clients to assist clients in setting achievable objectives.
- Assesses requests for service to determine applicant eligibility.
- Provides on-going casework and supportive services to assigned clients through office appointments, and phone calls to promote self-sufficiency.
- Provides or arranges for needed supportive services to fulfill service plan objectives.
- Documents all interactions with clients, service coordination information, and goal planning activities in a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner to ensure compliance with program standards.
- Develops new approaches to better serve the needs of clients.
- Provides information and referral services for other community services in order to link clients with appropriate resources.
- Maintains expected level of service to clients to ensure efficient effective utilization of resources.
- Maintains client confidentiality as outlined in Agency policies.
- A bachelor's degree in a human services field or an equivalent field is required.
- A minimum of one year of related caseworker or social service experience is required.
- A proven ability to interact constructively with community agencies and resources is required.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Excellent documentation skills are required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office are required.
- Act 33/34 and FBI clearances required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer.