About Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities welcomes all who come to us with respect and unconditional love.
As the primary social service arm of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, Catholic Charities serves all regardless of religious affiliation in a manner consistent with the values and teachings of the Catholic Church.
Inspired by Jesus’ teachings and focused on lasting solutions, we serve our communities’ critical needs with compassion, healing and hope.
Relying on God’s providence and embracing the call of the gospel and the social teachings of the Church, Catholic Charities is dedicated to championing the dignity of the person, improving the quality of life, and advocating for the social good of the human family, so that the poor and vulnerable, always welcomed and loved, embrace opportunities necessary to realize their potential.
Our Guiding Principles
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh
- will be guided by the gospel values and social teachings of the Catholic Church;
- will provide services and foster communications that respect each person with a preferential option for those who are poor, marginalized and/or vulnerable;
- will provide programs and services that assist with immediate needs while empowering individuals and families to greater stability;
- will promote and protect life from the moment of conception until natural death;
- will welcome and provide service to all in need regardless of religious affiliation;
- will operate with integrity and the highest ethical and professional standards;
- will be good stewards of resources utilizing gifts of time, talent and treasure in a transparent and accountable manner;
- will foster effective partnerships, including mobilizing the resources of the parishes of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, other area churches, other providers, and the wider community;
- will develop a service delivery system to allow clients comprehensive access to a wide range of coordinated services; and
- will strive to be a trendsetting agency among health and human service providers.