Assistant Director of Development – Pittsburgh, PA
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is seeking an energetic and results driven Assistant Director of Development.
Catholic Charities has a long-standing history of doing good work by helping people in need. Founded in 1910 to serve struggling immigrant families who came to our region and arrived hungry, homeless and alone. Catholic Charities helped them with food, clothing, shelter and the skills necessary to begin a new life. Today Catholic Charities continues the efforts of our founders with compassionate service that empowers individuals, strengthens families, and builds better communities.
The Assistant Director of Development will proactively achieve annual fundraising goals and create a platform for sustainable and scalable resource development. This position will also support the Director of Development with the efficient management of the Development Department.
Key Performance Objectives
- Achieves annual revenue target and expansion of diversified donor portfolio goals (major gifts and mid-level programs) as identified in the strategic plan.
- Creates and implements a strategic plan for identifying and cultivating major gifts including prospecting, research, cultivation and stewardship.
- Leads the development and implementation of planned giving programs and initiatives.
- Creates and refines a system to ensure proper and timely acknowledgement, recognition, and ongoing stewardship of donors.
- Designs and disseminates customized solicitation strategies targeting organizational objectives and donor interests in partnership with cross-departmental teams; maintain up-to-date donor records in database following donor contact.
- Supports the Director of Development with overall management of the Development Department including supervision of staff and projects.
- Represents the Development Department at board of directors and committee meetings to provide fundraising reports/updates in the absence of the Director of Development.
- Adheres to confidentiality in communication with donors, staff, and others to preserve donors’ rights and privacy, also adheres to Donor Bill of Rights.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of five years of increasing responsibility in a non-profit organization is required.
- A proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters is required.
- A clear commitment to and passion for providing service to all who are in need is required.
- A demonstrated record of professional leadership that includes a collaborative, decisive, and motivating communication style.
- Excellent managerial skills including a minimum of two years of previous experience successfully managing a development team.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment is required.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and technology, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- The ability to demonstrate a deep appreciation and understanding of Catholic Charities’ mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Act 33/34 clearances required.
What We Offer
Catholic Charities offers an opportunity to do good work within our communities. As the Assistant Director of Development you generate the funds needed to support the Agency’s programs and services that are provided to people in need.
In addition to a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, Catholic Charities offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous time off programs including 14 paid holidays per year
- A retirement plan that is fully paid by Catholic Charities
- Employer paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- A business casual dress environment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer.