Housing and Shelter Assistance
Catholic Charities offers practical assistance to those who are without shelter or at-risk of losing their homes.
|St. Joseph House of Hospitality||412-471-0666|
Private, furnished rooms available to men 50 years or older with limited income who are without shelter or at risk of losing their homes.
- Comprehensive case management, including connections to medical and psychiatric care, drug and alcohol treatment, veterans assistance, housing services and job-seeking help
- Three daily meals in a full-service dining room
- Linen services
- Access to the free, in-house clothing room
- In-site support groups
- Recreational activities
We manage Butler County’s waiting list for all housing programs and provide the following services:
- Emergency Shelter: Hotel accommodation for a limited number of days for individuals and families without shelter.
- Emergency Solutions Grant: Housing relocation, stabilization, and rental assistance to rehouse those without shelter and prevent losing their homes.
- Home Again: Permanent supportive housing families with children, in particular those struggling with mental illness, includes vocational and educational assistance, life skills training, rental subsidies, and referrals to substance abuse and mental health treatments.
- PATH: Permanent supportive housing for young adults between 18 and 24 struggling with mental illness and/or addiction, includes vocational and educational assistance, life skills training, rental subsidies, and referrals to substance abuse and mental health treatments.
- Rental Assistance: We provide up to one month's rental assistance to help individuals and families avert immediate housing crises.
- Safe Harbor: Temporary housing and supportive services for individuals and families without shelter working towards self-sufficiency.