December 2023 - Rights and Responsibilities
The Catholic faith teaches that protecting human rights and fulfilling responsibilities are essential for human dignity and a thriving community. Prioritizing these principles is crucial for establishing a healthy community and safeguarding human dignity. Every person has a right to life and have their basic needs for human dignity met. This includes fulfilling our obligations and duties towards each other, our loved ones, and society as a whole.
Let us pray that we have the courage and resources to serve our families, communities, and spheres of influence.
Wash yourselves clean! Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes; cease doing evil; learn to do good. Make justice your aim: redress the wronged, hear the orphan’s plea, defend the widow.
Filled with gratitude for the precious gifts You've bestowed upon us, we praise You for the fundamental rights you have granted us. We thank you for the responsibility that accompanies these rights, the responsibility to use them wisely and to respect the rights of others and to work towards a just society.
- Guide and strengthen the hands of those who tirelessly provide assistance to those in need
- Inspire generosity and compassion among us
- Allow us to see and recognize that our rights are accompanied by the responsibility to care for one another
- Open our hearts and minds to the needs of others
- Help us to view those in need as Your beloved children and treat them with respect and dignity
- Grant wisdom to our Leadership Team, that they may create policies and structures that promote justice for all