February 2023 - Call to Family, Community and Participation
During winter when we’re each huddled in our own spaces staying out of the elements and keeping warm, it’s a challenge to remember that we’re all still connected. No matter our location or station, if we exist, we exist with divine intent in the specific families and communities into which we’ve been placed. Even in these quiet months, may we find unity in purpose and an increased desire to invest our hearts into the lives of others.
Now I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same purpose.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Almighty ever-living God,
We join in praising Your perfect unity with Your Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We do not always mediate the love You demonstrate within this amazing fellowship. Bless us with discomfort when we neglect the communities in which you have placed us. As we turn to You, renew us with confidence and compassion as we invest our hearts into Your people. Mature us in You as seek to agree and find common purpose.
- Bless our communities, places of work and families with divine protection from all manner of injury, illness and harm
- Refresh each of our hearts with an expanded understanding of the work You have given us each to do
- Guide those in distress to Catholic Charities and enable our teams to meet them in their need
- Increase the numbers of those united in the mission and service of Catholic Charities
- Cause us to be wise stewards of our resources, hearts and service
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen.