Challenges: Ellwood City Center
Services & Membership
Challenges Center at Ellwood City is an innovative community facility offering a variety of educational, recreational and health-related activities to help support the independence of adults ages 50+ who live in Lawrence County. While many of the Center’s offerings are free, others require membership and/or separate fees.
The facility is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and is wheelchair accessible.
Free at the Center
- Bingo and Cards
- Blood Pressure and Health Screenings
- Book Exchange
- Computer Lab
- Educational Programs
- Pool Table
Membership or Other Fees Required
- Instructor-led classes in: Exercise & Strength Training; Line Dancing; Gentle Yoga
- Fitness Room with exercise equipment—treadmills, upper-body arm machine, AIRDYNE bikes, Recumbent cycles, free weights and benches, elliptical machine, body-weight scale
Lunch (no membership required)
- A nutritionally balanced hot meal served in a group setting Monday through Friday, 11:45 am. Reservations required 2 days in advance. Suggested donation: $3.00.
- Special lunch parties with entertainment.
- Free coffee and tea available all day.
Membership and Other Fees
Please contact us to discuss membership and other fees at (724) 752-9435.
Challenges Ellwood City Center
1405 Woodside Avenue, Ellwood City, PA 16117