Challenges Center: New Castle
Services & Membership
Challenges Center at Shenley Square in New Castle is an innovative community facility offering a wide variety of educational, recreational and health-related activities to help support the independence of adults ages 50+ who live in Lawrence County. While many of the Center's offerings are free, others require membership and/or separate fees.
The facility is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, and is wheelchair accessible.
Free at the Center
- Art and Crafts classes
- Bingo and Cards
- Blood Pressure and Health Screenings
- Book Exchange
- Computer Lab
- Food-Fun-Fitness program
- Indoor Shuffle Board Court
- Lounge / Reading Room
- Recreation Room with Pool Table
- Spanish classes
- Walking Track (free only for ages 60+)
Membership or Separate Fees Required
- Exercise sessions
- Fitness Room with state-of-the-art exercise equipment
- Line Dancing
- Tai Chi and Yoga
- Walking Track (free if over age 60)
- Other activities when announced—special dinner events, golf, bowling and day trips
Meals & Hours
- Free coffee and tea available all day.
- Continental Breakfast - Mon thru Fri, 8:30 am to 10 am
- Full Breakfast/Breakfast Sandwich - Thurs only, 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Full Lunch - Mon thru Fri, 11:45 am
A nutritionally balanced hot meal served in a group setting. Reservations required 2 days in advance. Suggested donation: $3.00
Transportation to meals offered at the Challenges Center is available only for residents of Lawrence County ages 65 and older. For details, call Challenges at 724-658-3729.
Membership and Other Fees
Please contact us to discuss membership and other fees by calling (724) 658-3729.
Challenges Center, New Castle
Shenley Square, 2706 Mercer Road, New Castle, PA 16105