Eligibility And Application
Catholic Charities has limited resources to help with utility assistance and emergency needs. You may qualify for help if your total household incomes do not exceed 200% of the poverty level, based on Federal Poverty Guidelines; (see FPG chart below).
Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG)
The chart below shows maximum household incomes which are no greater than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Note: Household income includes all working individuals that reside in the home who contribute to annual gross income.
|Size of Family
||200% Annual Income
||200% Monthly Income
|Each addl. family member
1. Application - complete online
2. After receiving your completed application, you will be contacted in the order your application was received. If it is determined that you are eligible to receive assistance, you will schedule an appointment for an orientation session.
You will need to bring the following documentation with you to your first appointment:
A. Proof of household income
- Recent pay stub with year to date listed, if no YTD then four recent pay stubs are acceptable
- Recent W-2 form
- Recent tax return
- Employer's verification of wages
- If self-employed: recent tax return and Profit and Loss (P&L) statement
- Letter from Social Security indicating benefits for the year
B. Driver's license or other Photo ID
C. Recent bank statement
D. Social Security Card